Friday, November 5, 2010

Made it to November!

Hi friends,

Well, I made it through Halloween, and now, on to my plans for Thanksgiving. I have my turkey on order at Publix. I love Publix. They cook seafood there in the store and have the best dinners for the holidays. I'm going to make all the sides this year and just order their pre-cooked turkey. You know, the turkey sits in a vacuum pack bag full of broth, so it is one of the most moist turkeys I have ever eaten. I did brine a turkey a few years ago, and that also turned out excellent. I've never tried the deep-fried turkey.

Things have settled down at my house. The spirits have been peaceful. They are probably editing me while I type this blog. They seem to be privy to everything that happens around here. Sometimes, it can get annoying.

I've joined the Nanowrimo contest. This is a world-wide writers' contest. To win, one must finish the first draft of a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. We had a Kick-Off party on October 31st. and our first Write-in was held this past Wednesday. What an awesome group of authors. They are so creative and fun to hang out with. I'm up to a little over 9,000 words. Because of a root canal I had to go through this week, I am behind by a couple of days. I'll catch up tomorrow at the Saturday Write-In.

What am I writing about, you ask? I am writing a fiction based on the true story of my house and its spirits. It will be a fun novel to write and I hope even more fun to read! I'll let you know where you can get a copy when it is published. It will be published sometime in 2011.

Well, that's all the news I have for now. Don't forget to watch Local Haunts on CW17. It is a fun show!

Ciao,
Caterina

No comments: